Cancellation and refund policy
Changes to Courses
The Business Centre reserves the right to:
- run or withdraw any course
- hold a course at a location other than that advertised
- alter the times or dates for the whole or any part of the course
- offer you a new/alternate qualification if the qualification has been updated in line with national industry standards.
If any of these course changes become necessary, you will be advised of the changes and the alternative arrangements which may be available for you to complete your course.
Payment of Student Fees and Additional Charges
All student fees and charges are reviewed on a yearly basis and are subject to change.
Your enrolment is not complete and you are not entitled to attend class until you have paid either the relevant student fee, a concession fee or have been exempted from the student fee.
You may pay by EFTPOS, Direct Deposit, VisaCard, MasterCard, or a cheque made payable to ‘The Business Centre’. Under special circumstances payment by instalments can be arranged on an individual basis.
Refund of the Student Fee
A refund of all or part of student fee may be given in the following circumstances:
- You enrolled in a course that has been cancelled.
- You have paid the full student fee but now receive Youth Allowance or Austudy commencing within two weeks of the date of enrolment or the date of first attendance at class (where you will be eligible for the concession fee).
- You formally advise The Business Centre before classes commence, and with no attendance, that you are withdrawing from the course.
- You formally advise The Business Centre, after commencement of classes and/or participation, that you are withdrawing from the course. You may be eligible for a partial refund of the student fee.
- You have been granted Recognition of Prior Study or Credit Transfer after enrolment.
For Fee for Service courses, a refund of the course fee is only due in the following circumstances:
- The Business Centre has cancelled the course you were enrolled in.
- You formally advise The Business Centre in writing at least seven days prior to the start of your course that you wish to withdraw.
Behind in paying your student fee, the concession fee or other fees or charges?
The student fees and applicable charges are required to be paid. If you have outstanding fees or charges, you will not receive:
- Transcript of Academic Record
- Statement of Competencies Achieved
The Business Centre may also refer your outstanding fees for debt recovery action.